Digital transformation is a new phrase being blasted around the technology world these days. Being that we were once digital in voice, then moved to VoIP and now we are talking all about digital again... the question is, what exactly is digital transformation? Digital transformation is the accelerated growth of automating business processes, competencies and models to leverage growth within an organization. We've decided to compile a list of things that are currently influencing digital transformation and how these things could impact your current initiatives:
- CRM Fusion - With software defined networks growing at a rapid pace and SalesForce being used by millions of organizations, communications must be infused with the capabilities to integrate fully with a CRM platform. An automated record is created when a call is placed or answered, or an email is tracked and added to the record within an account in a CRM program. All of these actions created a centralized spot for customer interactions to be deposited.
- Mergers and Acquisitions - With companies buying, selling and merging major decisions must be made. How will we marry the two companies? How will we streamline the processes to create a unified company? What technology will stay and what will go? How will networks integrate? How will we train our staff? All of these questions are relevant when companies merge and need careful consideration.
- Artificial Intelligence - As machines are taking over more and more physical actions, data is growing. As data grows, it's important to have places to store and be able to locate it at a later point. Artificial intelligence is changing the way companies function. Instead of their staff being comprised of worker bees, now they have to consider someone who can analyze and monitor quality.
- Internet of Things - From homes being rewired with electricity to credit card transactions being processed now over tablets, the world is changing dramatically. The internet is connecting and then gathering information for our everyday habits. That data allows companies to produce products and services that give us more value. Just look at what Amazon did with Alexa - this product will allow you to talk to it and then turn lights on or off or change the thermostat.
- Microservices - Modular and application based programs that allow us to process information in smaller increments. Microservices are growing rapidly right now. From cell phone applications to video streaming, microservices are on the rise and affecting the way we purchase items.
All of these movements in technology are shaping the transformation from physical to digital. Communication is being impacted by all five areas and we'd like to discuss more with you about how digital transformation affects your current processes. Want to learn more? Download our whitepaper on the Journey to Digital Transformation.